Thai Pumpkin Pork
- 1 Schielke pork roast, rib or tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 chopped onlion
- 1 cup sliced sweet pepper, any color
- Thai seasonings: 5 T Thai curry paste, 3 T fish sauce, 3 T soy sauce, 1 T rice vinegar, 2 T minced ginger, 2 T minced garlic, 3 T brown sugar, 1 t pepper flakes, 1 T cumin
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 cans coconut cream
- Pumpkin: cut a lid out of the pumpkin and clean out the inside. Put it into a roasting pan or dutch oven.
- Sauté the pork in the coconut oil until lightly browned, put in the pumpkin.
- Sauté the onion until soft, add to the pumpkin.
- Sauté the peppers 5 minutes, add to the pumpkin.
- Add the coconut milk and all the seasonings to the frying pan. Simmer until well blended. Add to the pumpkin and mix well. Put it in a 350 oven for 90 minutes to 2 hours. You want a well-browned shell and the mixture in the middle to be bubbling.
- To serve: scoop the Thai pork mixture onto cooked rice or rice vermicelli, then carve out a serving of the pumpkin. It should come away from the rind easily and will go very well with the pork and sauce.