Pierogi Girl Cabbage Rolls:
- 2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste or 6-8 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 dozen cabbage rolls
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste or 6-8 tablespoons of tomato sauce with 3 tablespoons of sour cream add water or broth and mix very well. You may add more water if necessary to ensure cabbage rolls are covered to the midway point on the top layer.
- In a heavy pot place a dozen cabbage rolls. Cover with sauce until top layer is half covered. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Once boiled turn to low and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Fry one small onion, one chopped carrot in olive oil and add to cabbage rolls after one hour and continue to cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest and serve with sour cream as a side and enjoy!